- Treatment technologies for both groundwater and surface drinking water like coagulation, filtration and disinfection.
- Drinking water quality control and improvement in distribution network , including quality modeling.
- Advanced treatment methods applicable for drinking water (electrodisinfection, Fenton reaction) and wastewater sector
electrocoagulation, treatment of industrial wastewaters with fungal technologies
- Development and application of molecular methods.
Development and application of molecular methods in drinking water and bioenergy field to control and detect microorganisms/pathogens with rapid molecular methods as core competence. Thus, WRL team members in 2012 created a spin-off biotechnological company Conelum Biotech LLC that provides industrial diagnostic solutions – development of microbiological diagnostic tests for detection of yeast and mold in water and dairy products.
- Biotechnology methods such as biofiltration, biostimulation and adaptation mechanisms in microbiological systems.
- Enzymatical hydrolysis process as a part of cost-effective and sustainable advanced biofuel production from lignocellulosic biomass.
- Technologies for biogas production and enrichment from residues in food and agricultural industry.